To download a copy of the rules as followed by Events BJJ in PDF format please click on the following link :
World BJJ Rules
If you have any further questions or enquiries regarding the rules please contact Events BJJ.
- Kids 4-12yrs can do all armbars, armlocks and chokes except for omoplata, biceps slicer, wrist lock, pulling the head in a triangle, Ezekial, guillotine, and any leglock.
- Kids 13-15 years can do all armbars, armlocks and chokes except for biceps slicer, wrist lock, pulling the head in a triangle any leglock.
- Kids 16-17 years and adult white belts can do all armbars, armlocks, chokes and straight ankle lock except for biceps slicer, wrist lock and any other leglock.
- Adult blue and purple belts are allowed also to do wrist locks.
- Straight footlocks are legal for white belts 16 years old and up (and indeed are the only foot/leg submission any white/blue/purple belt can do). Kneebars are only legal for brown and black belts.
- Guillotine neck cranks, spinelocks, guard slams and scissor takedowns are illegal at all levels